If Hephaestus, son of Zeus, were to ask the pair; ‘do you desire to be wholly one, always day and night to be in one another’s company? For if this is what you desire, I am ready to melt you into one and let you grow together, so that being two you shall become one, and after your death in the world beyond you will still be one departed soul instead of two – I ask whether this is what you lovingly desire?’ – and there is not a man or woman of them who, when they heard the proposal, would not acknowledge that this melting into one another, this becoming one instead of two, was the very expression of their ancient need. And the reason is that human nature was originally one and we were a whole, and the desire and pursuit of the whole is called love.”
The Origins of what we Know as ‘Twin Flames’
The concept of twin flames; of two souls being split from the same matter, is one that can be traced back to most ancient cultures. The idea of each of us, deep down in our soul, is roaming the earth looking for the other half of us, is an intrinsic belief it seems.
This seems so far removed from the way we conduct our modern, fast-paced, consumerist lives, and yet the deeply romantic concept is just as powerful in popular culture now, as it has ever been. It seems that most of us are wishing for a deep, all-abiding, eternal love and that lies at the core of our search for the perfect partner.
It was the advent of the internet which brought twin flames back into modern culture, but actually it was around the time that the asteroid Chiron was discovered on 1st November (all souls day) 1977 that those drawn to esoteric and so-called ‘new age’ concepts, began to write about the enigma of twin flames.
Recent Popularity of Twin Flames
Due to a recent surge in popularity, fuelled by the extensive use of social media, the view upon what a twin flame actually is has changed quite a lot since when I first began studying the phenomena back in 2001.
There are many websites discussing the ‘signs’ and ‘how to recognize’ your twin flame, and because the readers are so desirous of their own special ‘twin flame experience’, the descriptions have become generic enough to be applicable to almost any romantic relationship.
Sure, nobody wants to hear that twin flames are extremely rare and whilst being the ultimate love relationship, they will not be experienced by many of the population. People want to have their own experience, everybody wants to be and to feel special and it is also, fair to say, that twin flames in this modern world which is so disparate and changeable, are not nearly so rare as they were back in the 1970s when this subject notably resurfaced.
The concept of twin flames: two souls being split from the same matter; one that can be traced back to most ancient cultures.
6 Definitive Features of Twin Flame Relationships
- Love is like no other, it is always mutual, and it can never be ignored. Twin flame love is like sunshine flowing through the soul, and parting hurts every time, if only for a few hours. The love is always equal, no matter what the circumstances.
- Twin flames will meet when they have been working on their own personal evolution for a while. Occasionally some meet briefly to accelerate this learning, but in most cases, there is a certain level of soul enlightenment and desire to create healing energy, a while before the first meeting.
- Twin flames have planned to meet prior to incarnation, and when they are ready circumstances will prevail to draw them together. As always with pre-planned life events, there will be a feeling of ‘knowing’ leading up to the meeting and there will be instant recognition on some level at the time the eyes first connect.
- Looking into the eyes of your twin flame really is like looking into your own soul. The eyes are the windows to the soul and the hands are the gateway, holding hands will feel like home, as much as the eyes will trigger a deep mutual recognition.
- There will be a sense of being ‘the same’ on a deep, spiritual level. Whilst life experiences may create different characteristics, there will be an intrinsic similarity between the two that will be evident, not only to themselves but also to anybody witnessing their interaction together.
- They will have a shared soul mission and will feel that they have been brought together for a reason, far bigger than themselves as individuals, and even as a couple. Both parties will be creative in some way and the dual mission will always have a healing impact upon the world (whether focused upon; people, animals, nature, or esoteric vibrations.)
Debunking the Myths
- Drama is not a part of the twin flame relationship, this is very human and ego-centric, twin flames will have already moved away from any desire to experience power play, or manipulation before they meet.
- There is no runner and chaser concept, this is a karmic soulmate set up. Whilst twin flames may need time apart to experience deep healing and work through traumas, they will not denounce one another. Twin flame love is too powerful to be hidden or denied.
- 11:11 has nothing to do with twin flames, it is to do with stepping on to one’s own individual path.
- Synchronicities are earthbound magic and are far more prevalent with soulmates, as they help to bind together two souls who are only partially resonant. Twin flames are the same soul, they are already bound together and hence require no external affirmation or encouragement to magnetize one another.
- Whilst romance isn’t the focus of a twin flame relationship, the love, passion and magnetic desire for one another IS the ultimate romance.
- We don’t all meet our twin flames, many of us are on this earth to explore and learn. It is a small percentage of souls who have come back to earth to merge and transcend with another soul and it is not an easy path.
Embrace your journey and be grateful for where you are on your path in the now. Love is available for us all, on the exact level that we are ready for. All love is valid, and love is always the answer.
MARS IS IN TAURUS - SEE HOW IT AFFECTS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN
Spend little time. Benefit from starGuide.